As though the 2007 school football season has not been confounding enough, along comes week 9 for certain secret game scores that uncover a lot: 57-43 and 6-0. Both of the scores include the AP Top 25 Poll groups.
First the 57-43. The solitary 5 groups still unbeaten stayed great, 7 others won while 4 more were irritated with unranked groups and 3 didn’t play. Indeed:
No. 1 Ohio State (9-0) overwhelmed No. 22 Penn State 37-17, No. 2 Boston College (8-0) dug out from a deficit to overturn No. 8 Virginia Tech 14-10, No. 7 Arizona State (8-0) beat No. 18 California 31-20, No. 12 Kansas (8-0) moved by Texas A&M 19-11, and No. 16 Hawaii (7-0) tore New Mexico State 50-13.
Seven different pioneers recorded triumphs, including No. 5 Oregon over No. 9 USC 24-17, No. 6 West Virginia over No. 25 Rutgers 31-3, No.13 Missouri over Iowa State 42-28, No. 17 Texas over Nebraska 28-25, No. 19 Michigan over Minnesota 34-10, No. 20 Georgia over No. 9 Florida 42-30, and No. 23 Auburn over Mississippi 17-3.
Four groups were irritated with unranked groups, including No. 11 South Florida tumbling to Connecticut 22-15, No. 14 Kentucky tumbling to Mississippi State 31-14, No. 15 South Carolina tumbling to Tennessee 27-24 in extra time, and No. 21 Virginia tumbling to North Carolina State 29-24.
The 3 groups that didn’t play were No. 3 LSU, No. 4 Oklahoma and No. 22 Alabama.
Then, at that point the 6-0. เว็บข่าวมวย The 6 positioned washouts which were beaten by other positioned groups Virginia Tech, Florida, USC, California, Penn State and Rutgers-now have zero possibility at playing in the BCS public title game.
Some significant notes from the sidelines:
1) Points, and heaps of them, appear to be a typical subject this season. Scores have gotten crazy, as seen throughout the end of the week when Weber State beat Portland State 73-68 in the most elevated scoring game in NCAA history. The score might have been a ball game.
2) Three unbeaten groups are not kidding about scoring and protecting. Ohio State midpoints 34 focuses scoring and surrenders just 9 focuses per game. Kansas scores 42 and surrenders 10. Arizona State scores 36 and surrenders 15.
3) Ohio State is No. 1 in all out guard (yards permitted), Kansas is No. 5 and Arizona State is No. 19.
4) The once splendid fate of the California Bears and Coach Jeff Tedford just endured their third consecutive misfortune.
5) The Florida Gators and 43-year-old Coach Urban Meyer just dropped their third misfortune in 4 games to Georgia 42-30. You recollect Urban. Before this season his vocation record was 61-12 (83%).
He drove Bowling Green to 8-3 and 9-3 seasons, driven Utah to 10-2 and 12-0 records and two Mountain West Conference titles, and drove Florida to 9-3 and 13-1 seasons during his initial two years, winning the BCS public title last year.
This year he is presently 5-3. Southeast Conference rivals have seen Florida for a very long time under Meyer and have started to sort out some way to stop his Gators. Welcome to the consistently frightful SEC Urban and break a leg while heading to rehearse.
6) You can practically fail to remember the USC incomparability trip. Pete Carroll’s rule as the toast of the country and Hollywood is everything except over. USC is going to join the extraordinary unwashed at 6-2.
There are presently somewhere around 25 Division I schools with preferable records over 6-2. The street ahead for USC incorporates Oregon State (The Civil War), California, still unbeaten Arizona State and UCLA, all salivating at an opportunity to humble the Trojans.
7) Coach Steve Spurrier’s incredible rebound at South Carolina has run into an unexpected stopping point with its extra time misfortune to Tennessee, giving the Gamecocks their third misfortune.
8) Expect a Northwest tremor Saturday when No. 7 Arizona State attacks No. 5 Oregon. Expect street kill in the South as No. 3 LSU attacks No. 22 Alabama. First year Coaches Dennis Erickson at Arizona State and Nick Saban at Alabama will have their hands full.
9) My poor place of graduation Michigan State is presently authoritatively sucking lake water and collapsing quicker than a K-Mart folding seat, losing 3 of its last 4 subsequent to beginning the season at 4-0. The Spartans have collapsed pretty much consistently for the last such a large number of years.